For the majority of homeowners, A SYNLawn artificial turf is a considerable investment and therefore requires a degree of maintenance to ensure you get the most out of your lawn.
Rainfall is the best cleaner, as well as the cheapest. However rain is a rarity these days, so a quick spray with a water hose can eliminate dust or pollen that may be present. For lightly soiled areas, a basic mixture of warm water with a 5% solution of a mild household detergent can work wonders. Simply sponge mop the affected spot and rinse. For heavily soiled areas, use the above procedure before then sponge mopping the area with a 3% solution of household ammonia in hot water. Rinse area thoroughly with warm water.
Caring for SYNLawn Synthetic Turf
SYNLawn products are extremely pet-friendly, but additional upkeep can help unfortunate pet-related odours be kept to a minimum. Always allow solid waste to dry and then dispose of properly. If regular rainfall is not common, hose down the area on a regular basis to promote the drainage of urine as well as to keep the surface hygienic and unsoiled. Depending on the number of pets you own, enzyme neutralisers can effectively limit and control odours. Neutralise with a homemade mixture of white distilled vinegar with an equal amount of water. After applying, wash thoroughly using a water hose.
Synthetic Lawn Do’s and Don’ts
- Do keep cigarettes, fireworks, and open flames away from the turf. Lite cigarettes cannot ignite the turf, but they can damage the turf by fusing the tips of the fibres together.
- Don’t place furniture and equipment with sharp or jagged edges on the turf as this may puncture or tear the turf.
- Do cap off or remove nearby sprinkler heads. Water from sprinkler systems can leave mineral deposits on turf that may cause discolouration.
- Don’t leave a parked vehicle idling on the turf.
- Do ensure that the turf is not exposed to reflected sunlight windows as this may fuse the turf fibres together.
For quality synthetic turf products, turn to Wholesale Sleepers Co. We provide a quality SYNLawn synthetic turf for your home, so you can enjoy a lush and attractive lawn all year. Send an enquiry today.