Uncover how a block retaining wall system can eliminate soil erosion and level out the ground to add value to your home or business while offering gorgeous landscapes and increase your useful space.
Some very common reasons people consider building a retaining wall are:
- A sloped yard threatening downhill erosion
- Potential foundation damage to the home
- Gardening and landscaping maintenance difficulties due to the sloped property
- Create additional usable space on inclines by using a retaining wall
5 CRITICAL FACTORS TO CONSIDER WHILE BUILDING RETAINER WALLS
When constructing retainer walls, there are few important factors to consider that will ensure the longevity and functionality of your retaining walls. These include:
- Determining the core purpose of the wall – structural, decorative, or both
- Selecting the correct materials for the wall and the condition it is being used in
- Making sure that the positioning is correct – it is problematic and costly to move retaining walls
- Ensuring a proper water drainage system is in place behind the wall to minimise pressure on the wall
- Choosing the right foundations for ensure steadiness
DIY RETAINING WALL SYSTEM
If you are in search of a reasonably priced retaining wall, then a DIY (Do-It-Yourself) retaining wall is what you need. DIY retaining wall blocks are very easy to install. If you can dig a hole, you can erect the wall the way you want it.
With the DIY systems, you make the final call for the look of the wall. Why would you want to pay someone for something you can do-it-yourself?
Wholesale Sleeper Co. offers DIY retaining wall systems ideal for both novice and experienced DIY ‘ers in Canberra.
We offer a wide range of retaining walls in Canberra and they come in variety of colours so our customers can always get the one that suits their home and needs.
Contact us today on (02) 6299 5886 to discuss your retaining wall project and we will offer expert advice suiting your specifications and budget.